The Miracle Of Milk Thistle
Although Milk Thistle is primarily used for its liver support capabilities, it has many other benefits. This versatile herb can help to reduce cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels, and could even help to boost the immune system. A healthy immune system is vital for staying healthy in today’s fast-paced life. Improve your overall health with our high-quality Milk Thistle capsules. Milk Thistle is a fairly popular herbal supplement. Why? Does it truly help the way everyone claims it does? Let’s look at Milk Thistle a little more closely.
Let’s take a good look at this herb
How does Milk Thistle go from plant to product?
What makes Milk Thistle beneficial?
|Organic Acids:||Minerals:||Vitamins:||Organic Acids:||Lipids:|
|Copper, Cu 0.0805 mg
Protein 0.6 g
Carbohydrate 1.1 g
Calcium, Ca 132 mg
Iron, Fe 0.5 mg
Magnesium, Mg 17.3 mg
Potassium, K 718 mg
Sodium, Na 80.9 mg
Zinc, Zn 0.26 mg
Copper, Cu 0.0805 mg
Manganese, Mn 0.1 mg
|Vitamin B9 (Folate) 41.7 mg
Vitamin C 2.74 mg
Ascorbic acid 0.36 mg
Dehydroascorbic acid 2.39 mg
Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) 0.04 mg
Tocopherol, gamma 0.01
Tocopherol, delta 0.1 mg
|Oxalic acid 960 mg
Malic acid 2.08 mg
Citric acid 1.16 mg
Fumaric acid 68 mg
Phenolics (total) 3.72 mg
Flavonoids 1.13 mg
Nitrate 113 mg
|Fatty acids, total saturated 41g
Lauric acid (dodecanoic acid) 12:00 0.48 g
Myristic acid 14:00(Tetradecanoic acid) 0.99 g
Palmitic acid 16:00 (Hexadecanoic acid) 28.7 g
Stearic acid 18:00 (Octadecanoic acid) 5.05g
Behenic acid (docosanoic acid) 22:00 2.43g
Lignoceric acid (tetracosanoic acid) 24:00 3.36g
Oleic acid 18:1 (octadecenoic acid) 3.86g
Linoleic acid 18:2 (octadecadienoic acid) 31 g
Alpha-linolenic acid 18:3 n-3 c,c,c (Octadecatrienoic acid) 21.6 g
Omega-3 fatty acids (n-3) 21.6 g
Omega-6 fatty acids (n-6) 31 g
Omega-9 fatty acids (n-9) 3.9 g
Milk Thistle may have the following benefits:
- Milk Thistle can help to protect and heal your liver:
The active ingredient in Milk Thistle, which we know to be Silymarin, has been shown to help protect already damaged liver cells, as well as help to protect healthy and new cells. The antioxidant properties also protect your liver against oxidative stress from free radicals. These free radicals are created when your liver metabolizes toxic or unhealthy products. Some studies have shown that liver functions have improved in those suffering from liver damage that was caused by alcoholic liver disease and liver cancer. These studies show that Milk Thistle can reduce inflammation.
- Milk Thistle could help to protect your bones:
- Milk Thistle might improve the effectiveness of chemotherapy:
- Milk Thistle may help to boost breast milk production:
- Milk Thistle may help to ease Acne:
- Milk Thistle may be beneficial for Diabetes:
- Milk Thistle can help to reduce your cholesterol levels:
- Milk Thistle helps to maintain a healthy immune system:
- Milk Thistle may help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and other age-related Neurological conditions:
What to watch out for when thinking about buying Milk Thistle supplements or tea:
- Milk Thistle is considered safe, but on rare occasions may cause some side effects such as Nausea, softer stool or an upset stomach, and heartburn.
- Pregnant women may want to err on the side of caution with Milk Thistle since there isn’t any real data about the safety of Milk Thistle during pregnancy.
- Those who are allergic to plants from the Asteraceae family, such as Cosmos and Daisies, should avoid taking Thistle supplements.
- Because Milk Thistle can affect your blood sugar, it is important for diabetics to monitor their blood sugar levels while using this supplement, especially when using it alongside their standard blood sugar medications.
Milk Thistle may interact with the following medications:
- Antibiotics such as Biaxin
- Anticoagulants such as Warfarin
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as medications that contain Ibuprofen (like Advil), Celebrex, and medications that contain Diclofenac (like Voltaren)
- Statin drugs like Mevacor and Lescol
- Medications that affect the liver, such as amitriptyline, medicines that contain Diazepam, Zileuton, Fluvastatin, Glipizide, Irbesartan, Losartan, Phenytoin, Piroxicam, Tamoxifen, Tolbutamide, and Torsemide.
Final thoughts about Milk Thistle
- Agriculture | Province of Manitoba. (n.d.). Province of Manitoba - Agriculture. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/crops/crop-manag...
- Burgess, L. (2021, December 18). What are the benefits of Milk Thistle? Medicalnewstoday. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320362#s...
- Milk Thistle. (2022). Mount Sinai Health System. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/mil...
- Milk Thistle: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Uses, Dose & Precautions. (2021, June 11). RxList. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.rxlist.com/milk_thistle/supplements.ht...
- Milk Thistle nutritional info, health benefits, recipes & more. (2021). A.Vogel. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.avogel.ca/en/bold-o-cynara/ingredients...
- Milk Thistle: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews. (2020). WebMD. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1...
- S. (2019, March 7). Milk Thistle facts and health benefits. Health Benefits | Health Benefits of Foods and Drinks. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/milk-thistle/
- Shoemaker, M. S. S. (2021, April 27). Get “Sily” with Milk Thistle Tea. Greatist. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://greatist.com/eat/milk-thistle-tea#benefits
- Taylor, M. (2021, December 15). The 11 Health Virtues of Milk Thistle, According to Science. Greatist. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://greatist.com/health/milk-thistle-benefits#...
- Type 2 diabetes - Symptoms and causes. (2021, January 20). Mayo Clinic. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/typ...
- Vue, B., & Chen, Q. (n.d.). NCBI - WWW Error Blocked Diagnostic. PubMed.Gov. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27557939/
- West, R. H. D. (2018a, January 19). 7 Science-Based Benefits of Milk Thistle. Healthline. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/milk-thistle-...
- West, R. H. D. (2018b, January 19). 7 Science-Based Benefits of Milk Thistle. Healthline. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/milk-thistle-...
- Wong, C. (2022, July 23). Can Milk Thistle Actually Help Detox the Liver? Verywell Health. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-mil...